Recent Commercial Posts
Immediate Service in Lee's Summit, MO
SERVPRO of Lee's Summit provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Lee's Summit. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7/365 at 816-246-5566
Whether your Lee's Summit home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Lee's Summit commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So, when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services:
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Keeping Your Business Above Water After Water Damage
Flooding and water damage events at Lee's Summit commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Lee's Summit
SERVPRO of Lee's Summit specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Why You Should Regularly Clean Your Building's Air Ducts/HVAC System
It's easy for the cleaning of air ducts and HVAC systems on your property to go forgotten, but it is important to keep up with regular HVAC maintenance. Like anything else in a home or business, air ducts accumulate dust and dirt over time. Other the factors that may increase the need for regular HVAC system cleaning are pets, occupants with allergies or asthma, cigarette or cigar smoke, water contamination or damage to the home HVAC system, or home renovation and remodeling projects. A general rule of thumb is that if your air ducts look dirty, then they probably are.
The National Air Duct Cleaning Associatoin (NADCA) recommends that dirty HVAC systems be inspected by a reputable, certified HVAC professional. Clean HVAC systems can result in an improved air quality of your home or business. Regular cleaning may also increase your energy savings and give your HVAC system a longer lifespan.
If air duct and HVAC system cleaning goes beyond the scope of your regular janitorial staff, or if you want cleaning done for your home's system, SERVPRO of Lee's Summit can help!
Emergency Board Up
Need Emergency Board Up Services? Contact SERVPRO of Lee's Summit today to schedule an appointment: 816-246-5566
Emergency Board Up Services
If your home or business incurs storm or fire damage resulting in an opening in your building you may be in need of emergency board up services. Any openings in the structure needs to be properly boarded up to protect the building from weather and illegal entry. Your insurance policy also requires you to be proactive on protecting your home or business after any type of damage has occurred, otherwise the insurance company could account any further/secondary damage to the structure as negligence.
Not every situation requires the most extensive board up that the U.S Fire Administration have in their board up procedure manual, such as after a fire where the entire home is destroyed and is considered a complete loss. While each emergency board up is different, let’s take a look at how to properly board up a structure after damage has caused an opening in the building.
Determining How Much Protection Is Needed
- Openings in the basement, first floor doors, windows and any point of entry accessible from a porch, fire escape or other potential climbing point require additional security measures. These openings should be barricaded with plywood, 2x4s, bolts and nails.
- Openings that are at least 10′ from ground level which are not accessible from a porch, fire escape, roof, or other climbing point can be secured with nails in each brace, and every 12″ around the perimeter. For these openings the plywood should be fitted so that it rests snugly against the exterior frame, butting up to the siding on wood frame buildings and up to the brickwork on brick buildings. It may be necessary to remove the staff bead so this fit can be flush and tight.
- Cut plywood to fit over the window and door openings, flush with outside of the molding. Note: For buildings with metal door and window frames the alternative is to cut the plywood and 2x4s to fit the inside of the door frame buffed up against the band molding.
- Cut the 2x4s to fit the horizontal dimension of the plywood. You will need two 2×4 exterior and two interior braces for each window and three sets for each door. Note: For buildings with metal doors and window frames the 2x4s for the outside will be cut to the dimensions of the plywood, fitting inside the door frame, against the band molding. For the inside the 2x4s will be cut to the outside dimension of the door or window frame.
- Pre drill 3/8th inch holes in the plywood and the braces.
- The holes will be placed approximately 1/3 of the length of the brace from each outside edge of the door and window jam.
- The two window braces will be placed 1/3 of the distance from the top and the bottom of the window.
- The three door braces will be placed; one in the center of the doorway, and one half the distance from the center to the top and to the bottom of the doorway.
- Place the plywood over the exterior opening and nail to the frame. Note: For metal frames place the plywood and braces inside the frame against the band molding.
- Place the 2×4 braces over the interior and exterior of the door or window.
- Place the large washer over the carriage bolt and place the bolt through the holes.
- Place washer and nut inside and tighten securely. Torque the nut so that it slightly compresses the interior 2×4.
Inspecting a Commercial Property for Mold
A mold inspection can remove at least one of the unknowns before a business adds a building to its property portfolio.
Buying a building is a significant investment for any businessperson, and there are a lot of moving parts to this type of transaction in Lee's Summit. Though it can be an expensive undertaking, hiring a professional to perform a mold inspection before the sale can head off major problems and remediation costs in the long term.
Where Mold Growth Can Be Problematic
To live in this world is to live with mold. At its best, it makes life better by contributing to the creation of bread, wine, cheese and some medicines, like penicillin. It does, of course, have serious drawbacks as well, though.
Prime spots in a building for a mold problem are well-known:
• Bathrooms are a place where mold can grow in grout, between wall tiles, and in the tub or shower.
• Windows that have been improperly sealed can allow moisture into walls or ceilings and facilitate mold growth. A mold inspection can reveal this to a potential buyer.
• Exterior doors without effective seals can allow moisture to collect and harbor mold.
Even slightly high humidity can facilitate the growth of mold. Experts recommend the prudent move of keeping indoor humidity levels below 45 percent.
Why Mold Growth Can Be Problematic
It isn’t only visible mold that can be troublesome to a property owner. Left unchecked, mold can destroy wood because it is an organism that feeds on surface nutrients. Mold that infiltrates drywall cannot be removed, and the affected area must be cut away. Carpets and insulation are also moisture-holding materials that mold can compromise to the point that they must be replaced.
Buying real estate can be a complicated process, and it is impossible to know everything there is to know about a building’s history or future. However, a mold inspection can remove at least one of the unknowns before a business adds a building to its property portfolio.
Common Causes of Commercial Water Damage
Call us today - 816-246-5566
Usually when companies think about water damage in their building, they think the cause will be from a huge storm. Most of the time, that is the truth but there are other factors that cause water damage in commercial buildings.
1. Damaged Appliances - This problem is more common in restaurants where they have many different appliances that could cause a problem. If you have any equipment or appliance that involves water, you could have this particular water emergency.
2. Water Heaters - It is possible for water heaters to crack or lose their seal because of high pressure. You want to make sure and follow the manufacturers guidelines and flush your heater regularly to make sure it is working properly.
3. Roofing - One of the more obvious ways that you can tell that your building has water damage is seeing water leaking from your roof. Your roof might need to be resealed or it does not drain properly. If you notice a leak, even a small one, get it fixed ASAP.
4. Malfunctioning Sprinkler Systems - If you have an older building, sometimes the sprinkler systems work with the fire protection systems. You need to check the system to make sure that it is not faulty or in need of replacement to prevent unnecessary water damage.
5. Broken Pipes/Plumbing - During colder weather, it is more possible for pipes to break if you don’t continually run water through them. You need to take care of all pipes to make sure none of them burst.
6. Backed up Sewer Lines - This water emergency might be the most disgusting and one of the most dangerous. You will have contaminated black water flowing on the floors which can cause serious health effects.
If you experience any water damage to your commercial building, SERVPRO of Lee’s Summit will get your building cleaned and up and running in no time.
Commercial Cleaning Services
Call us today 816-246-5566
If you are a business owner, or run a particular business that receives a lot of visitors and foot-traffic, you know how important it is to keep your business looking clean and in good shape. A lot of times, you don't have the time to worry about the common wear and tear that gradually soils your office.
When grime, odor, and moisture challenges go beyond the scope of your regular janitorial staff, you should call SERVPRO of Lee's Summit for prompt service. Whether it’s removing an odor problem or deep cleaning flooring or carpets, you can rely on us to make your workspace look its very best.
SERVPRO of Lee's Summit offer cleaning services ranging from cleaning restaurant hoods to removing biohazard contaminants. We have the specialized training and products to get your property back to business. Our cleaning services include the following:
- Air Ducts and HVAC
- Biohazard and Sewage
- Trauma and Crime Scene
- Carpet and Upholstery
- Drapes and Blinds
- Ceilings, Walls, and Hard Floors
- Odor Removal and Deodorization
The Different Causes of Commercial Water Damage
Speciality drying equipment for large commercial water damages.
Work Place Water Damage is Restored by SERVPRO
When business owners visualize water damage, they often picture a massive storm wiping out power lines, flooding offices, and shutting down businesses for days at a time. It is true that commercial water damage is often the result of floods and water that stems from weather events and storms.
However, many entrepreneurs and business space renters forget that storms and severe weather aren't the only causes of floods and water damage. Here are some of the typical causes of water damage to commercial buildings.
1. Malfunctioning sprinkler systems
Some older office and retail buildings still have outdated sprinkler systems that work in conjunction with fire protection systems. While such sprinklers can come in handy during a fire emergency, they can also cause commercial flood damage if they are faulty or in need of replacement. This could easily damage inventory and business assets.
2. Damaged appliances and equipment
This cause of commercial flood damage is more common in restaurants and catering facilities, as well as any business that has appliances and equipment that make use of water. If the appliance fails and sends water across your building, especially during late hours when no one is around, you may come back to work and face a water emergency.
3. Broken pipes and plumbing
Just like in a residence, if the plumbing system in your workplace fails water damage could be the result.
4. Backed up sewer lines
This is another cause of commercial water damage that often catches business owners by surprise. Should the sewer line to your building back up or become damaged, realize the potential dangers of contaminated Black Water which can cause health effects and ruin products and office furnishings.
Do you Have a Smelly Restaurant?
Keep your restaurant fresh for your customers and employees!
Does your Lee's Summit restaurant smell like a bad recipe? Do you have customers come into your place and wrinkle up their nose? Or they walk in and then leave without ordering anything. You know you’re in need of odor removal when customers suddenly lose their appetite when entering your restaurant in Lee's Summit. We know it’s not a pleasant topic, but it’s one we, at SERVPRO of Lee's Summit, have experience correcting! So, how can we help you with your odor problems? Read on and discover 3 ways we will get your restaurant sweet-smelling once again.
Sometimes you need a bit more than the everyday cleaning job your staff does. Just like we do deep cleaning a couple times a year in our homes, it is essential to have this done in our restaurants as well. Restaurants enjoy a thorough cleaning of the floors, drapes, blinds, carpeting, and upholstery. Food smells can become trapped in fabrics leaving a sour or greasy smell. We have specialty cleaning services to ensure your restaurant gets deep cleaned.
Not only does your Lee's Summit restaurant need a deep cleaning, but it needs an odor removal process using deodorization. Our staff is trained to discover what is causing the odors. This is an important first step in eliminating the odors. Once our staff knows where the smell is emanating from, then we can use the proper formula to remove it. We have several different deodorizing formulas created to get to the source of the bad smells. Odor removal is not just about hiding or covering up offending smells, but it’s essential to go to the root of the problem and neutralize it.
Inspect for mold
Mold is one thing that not only leaves a musty odor, but it has a negative impact on your health. That’s why it’s so important to determine if mold is the culprit and, if so, to begin action right away to combat it. We have tools and equipment that help us determine if there is a mold problem. It doesn’t take much for mold to develop and then spread. If you suspect mold, we will discover the source and work to isolate, then eliminate it.
We make cleaning and restoration our expertise. We train and educate our staff to combat stinky smells wherever they may be. If you have a restaurant that does not smell too sweet, contact us today.
Commercial Damage in the Food Service
When you are facing commercial water damage, call SERVPRO to assess.
Don't Let Water Damage Ruin Your Business
For a local bakery, the chemical agents we use for cleaning may not be an option. Food is very sensitive to absorbing orders, and even the lingering odor from a strong antimicrobial agent could render ingredients useless and serving areas irritating to customer's noses.
This means that cleaning up commercial water damage in a bakery may take a bit longer. Instead of using cleaning agents, our technicians here at SERVPRO will rely on the air moving equipment in our inventory to dry the building and reopen the doors for business.
Lower speed air movers work well to push wet air out of a room or hallway. By using a shroud with them to direct the air, these movers are also excellent for drying out the moisture that can be trapped between sheets of drywall or under cabinets.
The air movers we use are designed to not just dry out a room, but with the right attachment (a special clamp), our higher speed models can also be used to dry out a carpet and carpet pad in less than a day. If we can start this process quickly enough after standing water has been removed (and if the water was not contaminated), then we can restore most carpeted areas in a day or two without the need of chemical cleaning agents.
For large areas such as kitchens, we will use venting box fans to exchange the wet air for dry air. It is also in areas like this with large surfaces (preparations tables) where we may need to use some cleaning agents. The box fans will speed up removing odors as our technicians employ the chemical cleaners.
Restoring a food service business brings its own set of problems. SERVPRO of Lee's Summit has the experience and the equipment to get the job done. If you have a water problem in your business, call us today at 816-246-5566 to begin restoration and get your doors open to customers once more.
Benefits for Commercial Clients
A broken water main resulting in partial foundation replacement.
Commercial Property Managers
If you work in the property management industry you understand the value of a quick response and fast turn round time when it comes to an emergency situation. A quick response time can mean a reduction in the size and scope of the damage, it can also mean the difference between having a chance at saving business critical documents and equipment for the clients that are most important to you.
Commercial Client Benefits
Choosing SERVPRO of Lee's Summit for your commercial damage mitigation accrues you benefits not limited to:
- Working with you to tailor the solution to you, priding ourselves in accurate and straightforward communication.
- Every large commercial loss is supervised by a local commercial operations manager to help ensure seamless communication and timely mitigation.
- The SERVPRO Commercial Large Loss Division is composed of our best of the best in restoration. Our elite large-loss specialists are pre-qualified and strategically positioned throughout the United States to handle any size disaster.
Call us Today!
Contact the Commercial Fire and Water damage experts at SERVPRO of Lee's Summit when you discover damage at your business. 816-246-5566 to set up an appointment for an inspection and consultation.
SERVPRO: Your Experts in Commercial Water Damage in Lee's Summit
Have Questions? Call Us Today – (816)246-5566
If you have recently become a victim of commercial water damage in Lee's Summit, MO, you may be wondering what you can do to mitigate your damages. There is a critical period in which certain actions must be taken to preserve as much of your property as possible and to decrease any health risks when water damage has occurred in a commercial space.
Preparing a Space for Water Damage Restoration
Before you enter your commercial space or any flooded building, you will need to make sure the electrical power to the structure is shut off. You should also be aware that during a flooding event, small animals or reptiles tend to seek shelter inside of buildings. Be prepared to deal with the discovery of wild animals in your space.
Protect yourself from entering any flooded building by wearing an organic vapor respirator. You can purchase these at any local paint and building supply stores. You also want to have rubber gloves, protective clothing, and eye protection. The first thing you should do is ventilate the affected areas by opening the windows and placing fans where possible.
Unfortunately, there likely will be items that you need to throw away. Any items that are porous and have absorbed contaminated floodwater cannot be restored. If your commercial space has drywall, mattresses, pillows, box springs, particle board, carpets or carpet pads, these will need to be discarded if they have become saturated. However, there is good news: If you have clothing or household fabrics that can be machine-washed, you may be able to salvage them. Use your washing machine to clean these items with a 10-minute soak at the minimum in hot water with detergent. The soap and normal wash should remove most of the contamination and any staining that is present.
Be aware that your commercial space will need a thorough professional inspection, cleaning and possibly restructuring. Water damaged walls and installations must be removed and repaired, and pockets of saturation should be exposed for drying and sanitizing. Always remember that mold growth could take a few days to appear as it thrives in a moist environment with organic-type materials such as paper or particle board and in temperatures that range between 60 and 86 degrees Fahrenheit. Keep good airflow throughout the interior environment, and maintain moderate temperatures to decrease the risk of any mold growth. It is also important that you let your space dry out before any rebuilding occurs.
Services You Can Count On in Lee's Summit, MO
You can depend on SERVPRO to provide reasonable prices for commercial damages and other services in the Lee's Summit area. Our restoration services include cleanup after water damage, fire damage, and storm damage. We also assist with mold remediation, and we're qualified to provide cleaning and building services. Our trained and certified IICRC technicians are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to begin your restoration.
SERVPRO of Lee's Summit / Raytown / East Kansas City expands their Commercial Large Loss Capacity
Large Loss Franchises Nation Wide
Recently SERVPRO of Lee's Summit / Raytown / East Kansas City joined the ranks of leading franchises nationwide as a Commercial Large Loss franchise! SERVPRO of Lee's Summit / Raytown / East Kansas City has also invested heavily in people and equipment over the last few months, greatly increasing our capacity to perform at a very high level on large commercial losses. One of the biggest benefits to the Kansas City Metro, Lee's Summit, Raytown and other surrounding communities is the assets that can be brought to bare for large commercial business in need of mitigation services. Recently Lee's Summit was struck by a small tornado and we were able to help quite a few businesses get their shops back in order to facilitate a speedy re-opening of the business. Our commitment to growing as a franchise and servicing the communities that support us is our number one goal!